1. Name and Contact Data of the Controller and the Company Data Protection Officer
This data protection information applies for data processing by:
Data Protection Officer:
2. Collection and Storage of Personal Data and Type of Purpose of Use
a) When visiting the website
When visiting our website www.conscienta.de information from the browser you are using on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected and saved until automated erasure without you doing anything:
- IP address of the visiting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the accessed file
- Website from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
- Browser used and possibly also the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
We process the data described for the following purposes:
- Securing a smooth connection of the website,
- Securing easy use of our website,
- Assessment of system security and stability and
- For further administrative purposes.
Article 6 (1f) of the GDPR is the legal basis for data processing. Our legitimate interest results from the purposes for data collection listed above. In no case do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
In addition, we deploy cookies and analysis services for visits to our website. For more details on this, refer to points 4 and 5 of this Data Privacy Declaration.
b) With registration for our Newsletter
If you have expressly granted consent in line with Article 6 (1 a) GDPR, we use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter all that is necessary is to provide an e-mail address.
3. Transfer of Data
Personal data is not transferred to third parties for any purpose other than stated below.
We only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- You have expressly granted us your consent in accordance with Article 6 (1a) GDPR,
- When the transfer according to Article 6 (1) (1f) GDPR is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason for the assumption that you have a compelling legitimate interest in your data not being transferred,
- In case there is a legal obligation to transfer in accordance with Article 6 (1) (1c) GDPR,
- This is legally permissible and necessary for processing contractual agreements with you in accordance with Article 6 (1) (1b) GDPR.
On the cookie information is stored which relates to the specifically used device. However, this does not mean that we obtain direct knowledge of your identity as a result.
Firstly cookies are used for designing the use of our offers in a more pleasant way for you. To do this we deploy so-called session cookies to recognize that you have already visited individual pages of our website. These are automatically deleted once the site is left.
Secondly, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness. They are stored for a specific period on your device. When you visit our website again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you already visited us, which entries and settings you made so you do not need to repeat them.
The data processed by cookies are necessary for the named purposes to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Article 6 (1) (1 f) DSGVO.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a note appears before a new cookie is created. However, fully deactivating cookies can result in you not being able to use all features of our website.
5. Analysis Tools
The legal basis for the tracking measures which we use and which are listed below is Article 6(1)(1f) of the GDPR. With the tracking measures deployed, we want to ensure a needs-driven design and ongoing optimization of our website. In addition we use tracking measures to analyze the use of our website in statistical terms and to assess it for optimizing our offering for you. These interests are legitimate in the sense of the regulation above.
For the respective data processing purposes and data categories, refer to the relevant tracking tools.
We use the open-source software Matomo for analyzing and making a statistical assessment of the use of the website. For this cookies are used (cf. Section 4). The information on web use generated by the cookie is transferred to our server and combined into pseudonymous user profiles. The information is used to assess the use of the website and to enable a needs-driven design of our website. No information is transferred to third parties.
In no case is the IP address connected with other data relating to the user. The IP addresses are anonymized so that allocation is not possible (IP masking).
6. Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps to present a map. Google Maps is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. With the use of this website, you declare your consent to the recording, processing and use of the automatically collected and data you enter by Google, one of its representatives or a third-party supplier.
For the terms and conditions of use for Google Maps, refer to Nutzungsbedingungen für Google Maps. For more details refer to the Data Privacy section of google.de: Transparenz und Wahlmöglichkeiten and Datenschutzbestimmungen.
This website includes at least one plug in from YouTube, which belongs to Google Inc., San Bruno/California, USA. As soon as you visit our website with pages integrating a YouTube plug in, a connection is established to the YouTube servers. In the process, the YouTube server is informed which particular page of our website you visited. If you had logged into your YouTube account , you would allow YouTube to allocate your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this option of allocation by logging out of your account first. For further information on the collection and use of your data by YouTube, refer to the information on data privacy under www.youtube.de.
8. Video and Social Media Implementation Deubner-Verlag
On our website we use information services of Deubner Verlag. Please note the special data privacy information which applies here, which you can access at www.deubner-verlag.de/datenschutzerklaerung-homepageservice.
This website uses Newsletter2Go to send newsletters. The provider of this service is Newsletter2Go GmbH, Nürnberger Straße 8, 10787 Berlin, Germany.
Newsletter2Go is a service which organizes and analyzes the distribution of newsletters. The data you provide to subscribe to our newsletter will be stored on Newsletter2Go servers in Germany.
If you do not want your usage of the newsletter to be analyzed by Newsletter2Go, you will have to unsubscribe from the newsletter. For this purpose, we provide a link in every newsletter we send. You can also unsubscribe from the newsletter directly on our website.
Data analysis by Newsletter2Go:
We use Newsletter2Go to analyze our newsletter campaigns. This allows us to determine if a newsletter message has been opened and which links you click on. We can thus find out how often various links are clicked.
In addition, we can see if certain actions take place after clicking on said links (conversion rate). We can thus determine whether the clicking of a link in a newsletter has led to a purchase, for example.
Newsletter2Go also allows us to classify newsletter recipients into different categories (clustering). For example, newsletter recipients can be subdivided according to gender, personal preference (e.g. vegetarian or non-vegetarian), or customer relationship (e.g. existing or potential customer). This allows us to adapt the newsletters to the respective target groups.
For detailed information on the functions of Newsletter2Go, see the following link: https://www.newsletter2go.de/features/newsletter-software/.
Data processing is based on Art. 6 (1) (a) DSGVO. You may revoke your consent at any time. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
The data provided when registering for the newsletter will be used to distribute the newsletter until you cancel your subscription when said data will be deleted from our servers and those of Newsletter2Go. Data we have stored for other purposes (e.g. email addresses for the members area) remains unaffected.
Completion of an outsourced data processing contract:
We have entered into a data processing agreement with Newsletter2Go, in which we require Newsletter2Go to protect the data of our customers and not to disclose said data to third parties. It can be downloaded here: https://www.newsletter2go.de/docs/datenschutz/ADV_Muster_Newsletter2Go_GmbH_latest_Form.pdf?x48278.
10. Rights of Data Subjects
You have the right:
- Pursuant to Article 15 GDPR to request information on your personal data that is processed by us. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, on the categories of personal data, on the categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed, on the envisaged period stored, on the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object, on the existence of the right to lodge a complaint, on the source of your data if they are not collected by us and on the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and any meaningful information about the particulars thereof;
- Pursuant to Article 16 GDPR to request prompt rectification of inaccurate personal data or completion of your personal data that is stored by us;
- Pursuant to Article 17 GDPR to request the erasure of your personal data that are stored by us, provided that processing is not required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Pursuant to Article 18 GDPR to request the restriction of processing of your personal data, if you contest the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you oppose its erasure and we no longer need the data but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- Pursuant to Article 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another controller;
- Pursuant to Article 7 (3) GDPR to withdraw the consent you have already granted us at any time. The result of this will be that we are no longer permitted to continue the data processing that was based on this consent in future and
- pursuant to Article 77 to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. To do so, you may generally contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or place of work or our office headquarters.
11. Right to Object
Provided that your personal data are processed based on the legitimate interests under point (f) of Article 6 (1) GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Article 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data to the extent that there are grounds for this relating to your particular situation or if the objection is to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object that will be enforced by us without specifying a particular situation.
12. Data Security
Within the website visit we use the common SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. Generally this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we deploy 128-bit v3 technology. You can see if an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form from the closed form of the key/lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organization measures in order to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or full loss, destruction and against unauthorized third-party access. Our security measures are improved on an ongoing basis in line with the state of the art.
13. Status and Change of This Data Privacy Declaration
This data privacy declaration is currently valid and was last revised in May 2018.
With the further development of our website and our service offering or due to changes in legal or administrative regulations it can be necessary to change this data privacy declaration. At any time you can view the current version of the data privacy declaration on this website and print it.